Friday, December 17, 2021

Finnish Metal

 I'm past 60, but it does not stop me from looking at bands that formed in the 1990s and the 2000s. The ones in Finland singing in English are hit and miss for me.

Amorphis is pretty good. The lyrics are derived from Finnish mythology. The Bee is from the Lemminkäinen legend.


How to play the riff etc. 


Mokoma I have known about since 2009. I follow them mainly as they always sing in Finnish. They have fans as far as Japan. A compilation of their summer gigs with the studio version of Kesytä Perkeleet. The scenes with the gas "bell" (gas holder) behind the festival area are at the Tuska festival in Helsinki.

The festivals are rather harmless fun in the summer. There is nothing like standing in the rain drinking beer on Midsummer while your favorite band comes on at midnight.

No comments: